Click for weather forecast
Levi is renowned as Finland's best and most extensive ski area for both alpine and cross-country skiing, with fantastic snow sure skiing from November to May.
The accommodation standards are very high with good food, and attractions off the slopes warrant a visit in their own right. Be sure to try husky, reindeer or snowmobile safaris deep into the pristine forests; and don't forget a visit to meet Santa Claus is a must at any time - not just christmas! In the height of the winter the daylight hours are shorter and the temperatures a crisp dry cold; but skiing amidst the fells, with the mystical blue light of 'Kaamoa' and the prolonged rose-coloured dawns and dusks, will leave you with unforgetable images. There is a good chance of seeing the 'Northern Lights' too.
By March the days are longer, temperature rise, and snow conditions are at their best. Whatever time you choose, we are sure you will enjoy the uncommercialised natural splendour of Lapland's skiing.
Resort attractions: Several lively bars, nightclubs and restaurants.
Many excursions: including to the famous Ice Hotel; snowmobile, husky and reindeer safaris; ice-fishing, Northern Lights, Lappish night, icelandic horseriding and a visit to meet Santa (available all season).
Levi In a Nutshell
- 170 km North of the Arctic Circle
- 15 km to Kittilä airport
- 88 km to Karari railway station
- 22,000 beds
- 6 hotels and 5 apartment hotels
- 38 restaurants including 9 on the slopes with approx. 15,000 seats in the area
- Conference facilities for over 2000 persons
- Spa, Beauty treatments and indoor sports and fitness center, children's activity center
- Bowling hall
- 6 equipement rental shops
- Severl shops and boutiques, 2 cash points at Hotel Levitunturi, post office. Also Liquer store and pharmacy in the same premises with Levimarket grocery store, chapel, gas station. private doctor
- About 50 activity program providers
- lowest temperature - 51.58C (1999)
- highest temperature - 30.28C (1999)
- snowfall 1.52m (1998)
- Highest peak of Levi fell 531m, vertical drop 325m
- 45 slopes, of which longest 2500m (3 black, 23 red, 18 blue and 1 green
- 15 illuminated slopes, 16 slopes replemished with snow canons and 10 children's slopes
- Snow Park, 1 half-pipe and 1 super pipe, 2 street, Kids' land - outdoor activity center and Tenavatokka day care
- 27 lifts ( including 2 Condolas and 1 chair lift) and 10 free kid's lifts
- lift capacity 27,600 persons /hour
- free ski bus transportation between the slopes
- 230 km cross-country tracks, of which 28 km are illuminates and 9 km replenishes with snow canons
- tracks are 182 - 378 m above the sea level
- free first snow track, length 4.5 km/direction (together 9 km), difference in heights 38 m, width 8 m (traditional tracks on both sides, free style in the middle). Tack takes off from the left side of the front slopes, under the parking loft of Hullu Poro Arena
- 17 skiing Cafés
- Cross-country season lasts from November to May
- Ski resort that fulfills international FIS and World cup-standards
- Over 886 km of Finland's best snowmobile tracks (6-8 m wide) including a track to the top of Levi Fell
- track bases owned by Kittilä municipality
- Tracks have warning signs, information signs and 6-8m wide track bases
- Snowmobiles license: not compulsory but recommended to those driving their own snowmobiles.
- Resting huts owned by National Board of Forestry
- 3 snowmobile shops and repair garages in Kittilä
- Approximtely 1,000 snowmobiles in the area, of which 300 are available for rental and 700 private
- 18 km of hiking routes (snow shoes recommended) and in addition a remarkable amount of marked trail toward Aakenus - Ylläs.
- Levi Nordic Fitness Sports Park
- 13 Routes (3 blue, 6 red, 5 black), together 113
Down hill skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, telemark-skiing, gondola transports, snowmobile safars, reindeer safaris, horse back riding, visits to Santa Claus, Nothern Lights, snowshoe safari, ice-fishing, helecopter flights, hot air balloon flights, Levi Olympic games, ice hole swimming, bathing sauna, winter rally driving, diving, rally carting, kick sledging. paragliding flights. Nordic walking, wilderness skills program, wine tasting, wilderness cooking course, Lappish ceremony
PRE-BOOKABLE OPERATOR WINTER ACTIVTIES
Make the most of your Lapland experience by securing your place at the time of booking. Click the link below to view activites: